College Advises Women to Urinate on Themselves to Deter Rape [VIDEO][OPINION]
The University of Colorado, at Colorado Springs has caused a bit of a fuss with some of the advice they offered to female students regarding rape prevention. Among the suggestions made, is for the female student to urinate on herself. WTF?
The school also advises telling the attacker that you have an S.T.D., or Vomiting to prevent an attack...(???)
CNN did a report on it...
The school claims the webpage was originally posted in 2006 and the webpage has been taken down, but here is the list of tips that were posted:
- Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
- Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
- Kick off your shoes if you have time and can't run in them.
- Don't take time to look back; just get away.
- If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
- Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
- Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
- Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
- Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
- Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.
There are a couple of these that I could get on board with... #2, and #8 are alright.
(Expert Advice: TAKE A SELF DEFENSE COURSE... Seriously! We all think we know what to do if attacked, but if you don't train yourself for it, your thoughts are worth nothing. One of the smartest things I ever heard about a "plan", was from Mike Tyson. He said, "Everyone has a great plan until they get punched in the mouth". As a Krav Maga instructor, I of course recommend Krav Maga: The Israeli Self Defense System.
Pee your pants, really? I want that attacker to piss his pants in fear! I want that attacker to vomit from the pain you cause him! FIGHT FOR YOU LIFE!!!
In the coming weeks we will begin a feature to offer tips, advice, and instruction to learn to defend yourself and the ones you love. We want you to be safe, and evil to walk in fear. We hope you will find it helpful in keeping you and your loved ones safe, but understand to truly prepare to defend yourself you have to get where the metal meets the meat, and train. Perhaps Krav Maga may not be your first choice... we will also be offering advice and information on many different options for training.)