Where in Casper Do You Take Broken Branches?
Due to recent storms, a large number branches have fallen. To make disposal of branches easier, the city has set up drop-off locations and is collecting tree branches on extra collection days in October.
Branches left at the drop-off locations and picked up are turned into compost that is available to the public and used in parks.
Drop off locations
- Corner of Valley Drive and Iris Street (5200 W Iris St.)
- Mike Sedar Park behind Fire Station #2 (800 College Dr.)
- UW/ County Ag Building by the community garden (2011 Fairgrounds Rd.)
- Viking Court by sidewalk overpass (Blackmore Rd. and Wyoming Blvd.)
- Soccer Complex on E “K” St. (1700 E K St)
- Balefill Compost Yard (open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday). The balefill will have a separate line for branches to speed up visits.
Drop off locations will be available until the end of October and are for branches only.
Starting October 7th, City garbage collection crews will be collecting only branches on the extra collection days in October. Extra garbage will not be collected on these days. Branches need to be cut in 5 foot lengths and stacked at least 3 feet from your trash container along the curb. Please do not block the sidewalk. Citizens with alley service may stack branches in the alley behind their property at least 3 feet from the garbage container.