These 10 Cowboy Quotes Are Sound Advice For Wyomingites
The lifestyle and history of the American Cowboy has always captured the imagination of those enamored with the history and culture.
From the cattle drives, to settling a ranch, these men worked hard and looked at life a little differently than most others.
The wisdom that came form the long dusty days of branding, hunting and riding fences, were meshed with a sense of humor that most comedians today would love to possess.
Here’s a list of 10 Cowboy Quotes that I find can be applied in many of life’s trials.
10. “Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any
They’re telling us to choose our friends wisely.
9. “Don’t squat with your spurs on.”
Don’t s@*t and fall back in it?
8. “Don’t interfere with something that ain’t botherin’ you none.”
If it ain’t your business, stay out of it!
7. “If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.”
Don’t make a bad situation worse.
6. “It’s better to be a has-been than a never-was.”
Whatever your dream is, go make it happen!
5. “Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a
Live your life to the fullest and make some great memories along the way.
4. “Talk slowly, think quickly.”
Don’t let your mouth write a check your arse can’t cash
3. “The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with watches you shave his face in the mirror every morning”
You are your own worst enemy.
2. “Sometimes you get and sometimes you get got.”
You’re going to win a few and you’re going to lose a few
1. “Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.”
Uh, no explanation needed. This one took me a long time to learn. My grandmother and I used to get into some stupid arguments. It was my grand-dad who spoke those words of wisdom to me, I’ll never forget…” Boy, one day you’ll learn to keep your mouth shut!” He never looked at me while making his deceleration.
I did eventually notice she never argued with him. Hard to argue with someone who’s smarter than yourself.