The Great River Raft Race Returns To Casper July 11th
The Great River Raft Race has been in dry dock for over a decade, but now it is returning to Casper July 11th, 2015! Get registered here and start building your raft!
How To Register as a Team:
- Purchase an individual ticket here. Must purchase ticket in advance. Tickets not available day of race.
- Come up with a list of the team’s crew, and a creative name for the team. Nominate a Team Captain.
- The team captain will need to attend the Packet Pick up. The date, time and location of the packet pick up is TBD (you will receive an email with the details).
- At the Packet Pick up, you will be able to pick up your vessel number, pick up your t-shirts, and register all your individuals together as a team. This is also when you will find out your exact launch time. ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST HAVE PURCHASED AN INDIVIDUAL TICKET to participate. There is no limit to the size of teams, as long as your vessel’s size is adequate to safely hold your entire team. Please see the maximum raft dimensions below.
- Captains: Bring your crew with their ID’s, your vessel, and your vessel number to the Robertson Road Access Point at your assigned time. Each person on your team will need to show ID and sign a waiver at this time. Only those crew members who have purchased an individual ticket and had a wristband to verify age and have signed a waiver will be allowed to participate.
- Must be ready to launch at designated time. The times will be posted at the Packet Pick-up, based on vessel numbers.
- The maximum size of the raft is 12 feet long by 8 feet wide, by 10 feet tall.
- No glass, Styrofoam or empty containers that once held toxic chemicals may be used to construct your raft. No nails or sharp items may be used below the water line.
- All vessels must be securely lashed as not to fall apart during the float. Vessels must be able to withstand the river currents. All items (Coolers, etc) must be also be secured to the raft.
- Inflatables, kayaks and canoes are permissible, but must have a current AIS Sticker (contact the Wyoming Game and Fish Department to see if you need a sticker)
- All vessels must have a garbage receptacle (bags are okay) secured to the raft.
- No electric or gas powered motors of any kind are allowed.
- Crew members may use paddles or human-powered propulsion.
- You do not have to have a fancy homemade raft, you can also use inflatables, kayaks, canoes etc.
- Each individual participant must purchase a ticket for the event.
- Each participant must wear shoes, sandals, flip flops or other footwear at all times.
- Crew members must be over the age of 12. Any participants ages 12-18 must have a waiver signed by a parent or guardian.
- Every participant must wear a properly fitted Coast-Guard approved Life Vest at all times.
- All participants must sign a waiver, and have a wristband to verify whether or not they are of legal drinking age. You may be participate if you are under 21, however you may not drink alcoholic beverages if you are not of legal drinking age. The entire route, as well as the after party will be patrolled to curb underage drinking.
- You must recover all pieces of your vessel, including those which sink- at your own expense.
- You are responsible for packing out all your trash.
- You are responsible for retrieving and/or disposing of your raft at the end of the race.
- The organizers of this event cannot be held responsible for any damage caused or any injuries incurred. Your team should ensure that they are covered by their own personal insurance.
- Race organizers have final say on all race participants. Any craft, team, or team member can and will be removed from the event by the Natrona County Sheriff’s Department or Casper Police Department for actions perceived to be dangerous to fellow race participants, event staff, volunteers or spectators.
- There will be a FREE SHUTTLE from Morad Park (end) back up to the Robertson Road Access point (start). There will be NO PARKING at Morad Park. The shuttle will run on a loop from 11:30 AM -3:30 PM. The shuttle stops running at 3:30 PM. Designated Drivers are encouraged.
- Parking is available at the Robertson Road Access. THERE IS NO PARKING AVAILABLE AT MORAD PARK. There will be a free shuttle available to take participants to the start so that they can get a vehicle to retrieve their raft.
- The race ends at Morad Park, all vessels must exit the river at that point.
- NO WATER BALLOONS are allowed.
- Weather/Water Conditions Event Postponement – reschedule.
Prior to launching, your vessel and crew will be inspected for the following 10 things:
- All your crew members have purchased a ticket, been age verified and have signed a waiver.
- You must have a crew of sufficient size to launch your vessel un-aided by others.
- Vessel number must be clearly displayed.
- Vessel does not exceed the maximum dimensions.
- Cooler check- NO GLASS IS PERMITTED. Also NO WATER BALLOONS are allowed.
- Each crew member must be wearing a properly fitted coast-guard approved life vest at all times.
- All canoes and kayaks must have a valid 2015 AIS sticker from the Wyoming Game and Fish Department.
- All vessels must have a garbage receptacle secured to it.
- All crew members must wear shoes at all times.
- Vessel must be deemed sea worthy by the inspector, with no environmental or safety concerns.
The Budweiser After Party:
Please note that the ramp at Paradise Valley Park is not adequate for docking your vessel.
- Free event featuring live music by The Barrel House Band- bring your non-rafting support crew members!
- Starts at 1:00 PM, prizes awarded at 2:00 PM.
- The Team Captain must be present to win the prizes.
- Don’t forget to pick up your team photo!
- Food and beer vendors will be on site, selling food, drinks and beer.
- You may bring your lawn chairs or picnic blankets.
- All ages are welcome.
- Additional event t-shirts will be for sale for $22 each while supplies last.
Q: Is there a minimum of maximum amount of people that I can have on my raft?
A: NO. You can have as many people on your raft as it can handle, but everyone has to buy an individual ticket for the race.
Q: Can I bring my own food or drinks to the after party?
A: No. Food, drinks and beer can be purchased from our food vendors.
Q: What will happen in the weather is poor on race day?
A: We will reschedule the event for a later date.
Q: How are the winners determined?
A: There are five ways to collect points during the race.
1: Total Time Start to Finish
- Finish between 30-45 minutes= 100 points
- Finish between 45-60 minutes= 80 points
- Finish between 60-75 minutes= 60 points
- Finish between 75-90 minutes= 40 points
- Finish between 90-105 minutes= 20 points
- Finish over 120 minutes= 5 points
2: Most creative vessel, each category= 100 points
3: Best looking crew, each category= 100 points
4: Judges choice, each category= 100 points
5: Collect Platte Valley Bank balloons along the route and bring them to the after party. (the value of each color will be disclosed at the party) 5-30 points. The balloons must still be inflated at the after party to be redeemed for points. Popped or deflated balloons will not qualify for points.
Q: What is the prize for the winners?
A: The prizes will be a mix of items donated by our sponsors.