Summer Vacations Are A Time To Recharge And Get Romantic For Many Americans [POLL]
In a recent poll conducted by Zoosk.com, one-third of Americans not only recharge their batteries for work, but say it’s the best time for romance.August is Romance Awareness Month, which led to the survey by Zoosk.com where some 2,300 Americans were asked about summer vacations and romance.
The results are listed here:
- 42 percent of Americans say an anniversary is the most romantic occasion with their other half, while 34 percent of Americans say a summer vacation delivers the most romance. Twenty-four percent say Valentine’s Day is the most romantic occasion in their lives.
- 78 percent of those polled agree that they consider romance in a relationship to be “very important.” Twenty percent say it is “somewhat important,” and only two percent say it is “not important.”
- 71 percent of couples say their significant other is romantic, while only 41 percent of singles on the dating scene say the same about their “other.”
- 59 percent of couples are satisfied with the amount of romance in their lives, whereas only 20 percent of singles say the same.
- 41 percent of couples prefer a “hug and a kiss” over a romantic candlelit dinner (39 percent) as the most romantic gesture from their partner.
- Singles, on the other hand, prefer a candlelit dinner (44 percent) over a hug and a kiss (32 percent).
- And while taking out the garbage without being asked is appreciated, only two percent of couples and singles, respectively, say this qualifies as the most romantic thing their partner could do.