Secret Messages in the Number of Roses You Give
Did you see the sexed up ad for flowers during the Super Bowl, and think "my Valentines shopping is done"? Me too. Then I found out that there are secret messages behind the number of roses you give.
If you plan on giving roses for Valentines, you might want to familiarize yourself with a few of these "secret messages".
- One Rose -- Should be given early in the relationship, and it means love at first sight.
- Three Roses -- Means "a shared love", and should be given as a one month anniversary.
- Six Roses -- Passion and infatuation.
- Ten Roses -- Symbolizes that you think your love is perfect.
- Twelve Roses -- The perfect Valentines gift, and means "be mine".
- Thirteen Roses -- This one threw me a bit. It means you just want to be friends. Seems kind of expensive, to break up.
- Fifteen Roses -- It means "I'm Sorry". (I knew that one.)
- Twenty-Four Roses -- Is like screaming "I'M YOURS".
- Forty Roses -- Symbolizes that you believe your love is "Truly Genuine". (And that you have a lot of money.)
Here's the ad that Teleflora ran during the Super Bowl...