Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone Release Date Announced [VIDEO]
To the all the hip, technology-savy smartphone owners and users, the wait is almost over. The latest in the Samsung line of Galaxy products is scheduled to be released April 11th, 2014.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 has a lot of new, expanded and upgraded features from the previous model (the S4).
- The main/rear camera is 16MP and boosts fast auto focus and selective focus (for blurring the background and accentuating the main subject in defined detail).
- The sub/front camera is 2.0MP, great for video chatting and selfies.
- 5.1” FHD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080), 432 ppi
- Operating System - Android 4.4.2 (Kitkat)
- Memory - 2GB RAM and 16/32GB User Memory + microSD slot (up to 128GB)
- Battery - Standby time : 390 hrs (LTE) / Talk time: 21 hrs (WCDMA)
- Sensor - Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass, Barometer, Hall, RGB ambient light, Gesture, Fingerprint, Heart Rate Sensor
- Supported Video Formats - MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Supported Audio Formats - MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
- IP67 certificated Dust & Water Resistant, Emergency Mode, Ultra Power Saving Mode, S Health, Quick Connect, Private Mode, Kids Mode
For the last quarter, the iPhone 5s and the Samsung Galaxy S4 completely ruled the market, taking in over 65% (combined total) of all smartphone sales. Apple still held a small lead. With the release upcoming release of the S5 right around the corner and plethora of new features, this may be the year Samsung steps out ahead.
One thing you can be sure of, is the fact that I'll be the first one in line to purchase mine.