After betting his friends $100 that he could fit in a kiddie swing at a playground, a 21-year-old Vallejo, CA man lubed himself up with liquid laundry detergent and jammed through the swing’s two small leg holes.

Bad idea, as the man’s legs quickly began to swell, and he couldn’t get out of the diaper-like seat. But instead of trying to help him get free, the man’s “friends” left him at the park. It wasn’t until 6 a.m. the next morning – nine hours later — that his cries were heard by the authorities.

The firefighters who responded to the scene then determined that they weren’t going to be able to get him out of the swing. So the chain was cut and he was transported to the hospital still stuck inside the swing.

The unfortunate man was eventually freed, and luckily sustained no permanent injuries. No word on whether he has collected the 100 bucks.

[via Gawker]