Sure, your feet burn when you have athlete’s foot, but a Fort Walton, Florida man had a foot injury that caused much worse burning than that.

The unidentified man accidentally set his house on fire Wednesday while he cleaned an infection in his foot.

The man claims he was sitting on his bed using rubbing alcohol to take care of the wound when his lit cigarette managed to touch the alcohol, setting the sheets up in flames.

Bad foot or not, the man  jumped up to grab a fire extinguisher. Unfortunately, the blaze spread faster than his infection did, so, before he had a chance to put out the inferno, he had to exit the house, as did other people who lived there.  They then called 911.

It’s not clear how much damage was sustained by the home, which is inhabitable now.

There’s no word on the status of the man’s infection.

[Associated Press]