Longmire Month Begins at Natrona County Public Library
One Book Wyoming is a statewide celebration encouraging all Wyoming residents to read “Spirit of Steamboat” sometime this year. The latest novella by Wyoming author Craig Johnson, this quick and easy read is filled with adventure, history, memorable characters, a plane named for Wyoming’s iconic bucking horse, Steamboat, a touch of tenderness, and a Longmire-esque ending.
The Natrona County Public Library will participate in One Book Wyoming by hosting “Longmire Month” this April. The month-long celebration will allow local residents to discuss themes raised in the book, enjoy episodes of the hit A&E TV show based on Johnson’s Walt Longmire book series, and meet the author in-person.
· Wednesday, April 2, 6:30 p.m. – Longmire Month TV Show Screening (part 1)
· Wednesday, April 9, 6:30 p.m. – Longmire Month TV Show Screening (part 2)
· Wednesday, April 16, 6:30 p.m. – Longmire Month TV Show Screening (part 3)
· Monday, April 21, 6:30 p.m. – Learn About: Wyoming Territorial Sheriffs – Stories & Discussion
· Wednesday, April 23, 6:30 p.m. – Longmire Month TV Show Screening (part 4)
· Thursday, April 24, 6:30 p.m. – Meet the Author: Craig Johnson
· Monday, April 28, 6:30 p.m. – Book Discussion of “Spirit of Steamboat” by Craig Johnson
· Wednesday, April 30, 6:30 p.m. – Longmire Month TV Show Screening (part 5)
All events will be held in the Crawford Room at the Natrona County Public Library. To learn more about Longmire Month and related events at your library, call 577-READ (7323) or visit www.natronacountylibrary.org/longmire.