Change Your eBay Password! The Latest Security Breach
Unfortunately, it can happen to even the most popular of websites -- and eBay is near the top of that list. After a recent security breach, eBay is encouraging everyone to change their passwords.
Ebay fell victim to a cyperattack on users' information -- names, passwords, email, mailing addresses, phone numbers and birth dates. Fortunately, credit card information is stored somewhere else, so that was not affected in this breach.
There's no evidence -- yet -- of anyone using this information for their own benefit, but better safe than sorry.
To change your password:
- Go to eBay.com
- Sign in with your current name and password
- In the upper-left corner it will say "Hi, [your name]" click on that and click Account Settings
- On the left column, click Personal Information
- The third option down from Acccount Information is Password. Click Edit
- It will ask you for your password again (this prevents people from changing your password if you accidentally leave yourself logged in)
- The next screen will ask for your current password again, then to have you type in your new password.