Deep Fried Jambalaya Takes the Prize at State Fair of Texas [VIDEO]
The State Fair of Texas has become somewhat of a Mecca for fans of all things deep-fried. This year the top prize was won with Deep Fried Jambalaya.
Just like it sounds, deep fried Jambalaya is a classic cajun jambalaya squeezed into a ball, then deep fried.
Other entries this year included:
- “Picnic on a Stick,” a mix of chicken, tater tots, and a dill pickle deep fried and served on a stick.
- “Deep Fried Mac-N-Cheese Slider,” which is a hamburger slider with a triangle of Southern style deep-fried macaroni and cheese on top.
- “Deep-Fried Divine Chocolate Tres Leches Cake,” a slice of cake sweetened with three milks, then fried. It’s covered in whipped cream, strawberries, peaches, and syrup.
- “Fried Bacon Cinnamon Roll,” a cinnamon roll dipped in pancake batter, rolled in bacon crumbles, deep fried, and covered in powdered sugar.
- And “Chicken-Fried Cactus Bites,” pieces of cactus, chicken battered and fried.
The judging results were just announced but the State Fair of Texas doesn’t start until the 28th. All of these items will be on sale then. (Heart defibrillators will be on stand-by.)