Colorado Vets To Pet Owners: Hide Your ‘Special’ Treats From Your Pooch
Colorado Veterinarians are reminding weed users to keep their ‘edibles’ away from their pets. Since January 1, Dr. Kevin Fitzgerald of VCA Alameda East Veterinary Hospital in Denver says there’s been a influx of dogs gobbling pot laced cookies and brownies.
What are the dangers and or symptoms if a pet indulges itself in your secret stash?
Fitzgerald warns that a year-long study has revealed pot exposure could lead to seizures or comas in pooches, though urinary incontinence is a more common side-effect of the potent edibles. “The butter gets a higher concentration of THC, the active ingredient,” the doctor says, warning it takes “72 hours, maybe 96, before it gets out of their system.”
If you discover your dog has gotten into your stash make an appointment with your vet ASAP!