Casper Police Department Declares Snow Day
The Casper Police Department has declared December 21, 2011 a “Snow Day.” This means that the police will not be responding to traffic collisions unless:
- Personal injury has occurred.
- The operator of any vehicle involved is suspected of being intoxicated.
- A vehicle is disabled and/or blocking the roadway.
- Unusual circumstances are present requiring immediate enforcement action or otherwise that an officer be present.
- More than three (3) vehicles are involved.
If you are involved in a collision that does not meet the above criteria, be sure to exchange drivers license information, address, telephone numbers, vehicle and insurance information prior to leaving the scene. Those involved in a collision are to come to the Casper Police Department during regular business hours within 48 hours of the collision in order to file an accident report.