Bountiful Baskets – Save Money on Healthy Food in Casper
So if you're into eating more healthy (or would like to be)...participating in Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op can make the idea much more affordable. It's kind of like a farmers market but you "contribute" (pre-order) on line and can choose the time and location for your pickup that works best for you.
Bountiful Baskets is a weekly event that occurs throughout Wyoming and many other participating states. Via the Bountiful Baskets website, participants make a financial contribution on each Monday to be picked up on the following Saturday.
Here're some things you'll need to know...
- You order via the Bountiful Baskets website on Monday (after 9:00 am) and pick-up that following Saturday.
- You'll receive about $50 worth of fresh fruits and veggies for your $15 contribution
- You don't know in advance exactly what you'll receive. Enjoy the element of surprise!
- It's a 100% volunteer effort and participants are encouraged to arrive an hour before their scheduled pickup time to help out when they can.
- Make sure to bring something to carry your produce home in and your confirmation/receipt when you pick up.
- Check out their website for more details and info!
Here's a list of pick-up locations in Casper (you choose when you order):
- Oregon Trail Elementary
- Mills Elementary
- Sagewood Elementary School
- Park Elementary School
- Memorial VFW Post 9439
- Paradise Valley Elementary School
- Kelly Walsh High School
- Natrona County High School
- Nowcap Services