Best Camping Foods and Snacks – Rodeo Rick’s Camping Tips
It’s Summer and many folks will be headed into the back country to spend some time with nature. But are you as prepared to be in the woods as you should be?
When headed out to go camping I always make a quick trip to the grocery store to stock up on food and snacks for the trip. But, first I have to figure out what activities I will be participating in.
For me, camping trips usually surround things like hiking, hunting and fishing. So, I know I’m going to expend a lot of energy while in the back country.
That being said, I try to look for low fat and low salt food and snacks. But don’t get me wrong, I love my bacon and eggs for breakfast. Its the rest of the day and at dinner that I want to make sure I’m not loading up on junk food.
In my pack, I usually carry a homemade trail mix, low sodium chips, dry-roasted almonds and my homemade jerky (goose or deer), and plenty of water.
If you’d like, you can try my homemade trail mix recipe:
- 1 cup dry roasted walnuts (or peanuts)
- 1 cup raw whole almonds (unsalted)
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup M&Ms (Milk or Dark chocolate)
- ½ cup mini peanut butter cups
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl. Mix to combine and store in an airtight container. Alternatively, you can add all the ingredients to a large plastic bag, seal and then shake to combine.
Being smart at the store, will give you more energy and you’ll have more fun in the Wyoming outdoors and back country.
Tip #10 – Best Camping Foods and Snacks