5 Best Ways To Cure Your Holiday Hangover
New Years Eve is upon us. The best parties of the year are happening all over and everyone is ready to say hello to a brand new year. Many greet this new year with an inebriated handshake. Consuming more than usual is a common fashion for partiers ready to start fresh with a new year. This comes with a price. The New Years Day hangover will bring that fresh start to a halt. Here are some tips to help ease the affliction of these alcohol induced nightmares.
It’s kind of funny how a lot of people so eager to start fresh end up starting the year not so fresh. These morning after miseries can leave you absolutely drained. There are a few ways to lessen the effects of your previous night choices. Here are the top five hangover cures.
- Drink lots and lots of liquids! You are dehydrated, water is good. Anything with electrolytes will greatly improve your restoration.
- Pain Medication. Take some Advil, Tylenol, or whatever your doctor has cleared you to take. This will help ease the headache and body ache portion of it.
- Food loaded with carbohydrates. Bread, toast, or crackers will help bring your blood sugar levels back up to normal.
- Caffeine. Drink some coffee or other caffeinated beverage to help become more awake and ease the headache or migraine pain.
- “Hair of the dog”. Drink more booze. Although not appealing to all, drinking more alcohol will bring on a numbing effect which will temporarily ease the hangover symptoms. However; this is just delaying the inevitable, but the sick feeling may not be as intense as before. Bloody Mary’s are a popular hangover drink.